This software allows you to monitor and/or override any function of a process. This can be done for API functions or executable internal functions.
WinAPIOverride is more than a standard API monitoring software. It can break targeted application before or after a function call, allowing memory or registers changes; and it can directly call functions of the targeted application.
These features allow to fill the gap between classical API monitoring software & debuggers.
Main differences between over API hooker:
- You can define filters on parameters or function result
- You can define filters on dll to discard calls from windows system dll
- You can hook functions inside the target process not only API
- You can hook asm functions with parameters passed through registers
- Double & float results are logged
- You can easily override any API or any process internal function
- You can break process before or/and after function call to change memory or registers
- You can call functions which are inside the remote processes
- All is done like modules : you can log or override independently for any function